December 10, 2012

Ice Ice Baby.

Well, that went about as well as bleeding in a shark tank. I guess I'll scratch that idea.
In other news...
         I kinda lived this song today. I was driving home from school, the roads had some snow on them and I wanted to get home so I thought of that saying that people sometimes say in Utah. You know the one "in the snow it's safer to drive on the freeway because there are more people traveling and less snow." Well that is the last time I listen to that 'logical fallacy'. I was getting on the freeway from Center Street in Orem. The van in front of me was slow and I was impatient. I waited for a semi to pass me so I could cut over to the 3rd lane to pass the van. This is when things went wrong. My truck started to slip. I spun around. Everything I learned in drivers ed started coming back to me. "DON'T slam on the break, pump them!" "Don't over correct" (which is what I started out doing but then I remembered) "Turn the steering wheel the opposite way." So I did it. I surprised now that I could. I was in shock. I was thinking "I've never been in an accident before. Oh my gosh! How can this be happening!" Then I remember seeing the barrier coming closer and closer and then I said out loud, pleading to my Father in Heaven, "please." I know this is totally cliche, but I really did see my life flash before my eyes. My fear was gone. I felt peace. It was weird. But then I turned the wheel just slightly and my truck stopped. I was stopped inches away from the barrier but out of all the lanes. I was safe. I don't know how it happened. I took a deep breath and then looked in the mirror to make sure that I hadn't cause an accident or anything. Nothing. Cars were just starting to come up. Hundreds of cars coming, just driving along. I looked forward trying to catch my breath. Then I looked back and saw a truck blocking the 3rd and part of the 4th lane. They had done what I did, but they hadn't been as lucky. Another car had hit them. If I would have been 20 seconds slower, I would have been hit. I more then likely would be in the hospital. My truck could have been totaled.
          I have never been so thankful for my lord, savior, and Heavenly Father in my whole life. Timing was perfect, I've had some very spiritual things that I have been working through this week. The gist of it all is that I have been working on 100% submitting myself to the Lord. Abiding by HIS plan. This was the last straw on he camels back. I needed a wake up call. I needed to remember him. I am grateful for this scary experience. I know the Lord loves me and he really, truly has a plan for me! It is NOT my plan, but it is his and it is PERFECT!
        Moral of the story folks? 1. DON'T drive in the snow unless you HAVE to, and if you do, be careful. Don't try to speed around people. Drive safely and slowly. 2. Trust the lord with all your might, mind, and strength. His plan is right and you will indeed be blessed by him. He knows what is right, We just have to trust him.

No comments:

Post a Comment